The Ultimate Guide To Making A Sploof
A sploof is an essential piece of kit to keep your smoking sessions on the down-low. They are easy and cheap to make, and work to filter out the smell of cannabis when you exhale.
Are you having trouble with anti-cannabis neighbours? Or perhaps your landlord isn’t a fan of the herb. Of course, one option is to simply abide by the rules and find a suitable outdoor spot to enjoy getting stoned—a much safer option if possible eviction is in the cards. On the other hand, cannabis really is a medicine, and if braving the cold temperatures of winter doesn’t appeal to you in order to get medicated, then we have an option for you: a sploof.
A sploof is a DIY piece of kit that acts to filter the scent of cannabis from flooding a room when smoking. Sploofs are extremely easy to make and are mostly forged out of items that can be found lying around the house.
In essence, a sploof is a tube with a filter on one end. Upon taking a hit from a bong or joint, the smoker exhales into the open end of the tube, filtering the smoke and preventing it from causing suspicious smells from arising within the residence. Below is a guide on how to construct your own cannabis concealing device.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Making a sploof won’t exactly drain your wallet; in fact, most of the equipment needed is most likely already within your house. Just check the kitchen cupboards and have a fish through the recycling bin. To make a sploof, you will need:
- Cardboard toilet paper roll or plastic bottle of any size
- Pair of sharp scissors or knife/blade
- Rubber band, piece of string, or some type of tape
- Scented dryer sheets to banish unwanted aromas
HOW TO MAKE THE SPLOOF
Now that you have obtained all of the essential items required, it’s time to build the sploof from scratch.
Step 1 will vary depending upon the piece of equipment you’ve elected to use. If you are using a plastic bottle, begin by cutting the top ⅓ off and discard the bottom ⅔. If you are using a cardboard toilet roll, no modification is required at this stage.
Take your scented dryer sheets and begin packing them into your vessel of choice. The packing doesn’t have to be dense; around 3–4 sheets should do an adequate job of disguising the smell of ensuing cannabis fumes.
Now that your sploof is loaded with scented dryer sheets, it’s time to add the last, most important one. Wrap a dryer sheet over one end of your sploof. If you’re using a toilet paper tube, it doesn’t really matter which end you choose to do this to. If you are using a bottle, place the sheet over the wider end where you made the initial incision. This will allow you to use the smaller end as a mouthpiece to exhale smoke into, making it more aesthetic as well as functional.
To attach this dryer sheet to the main body of the sploof, use a piece of string or an elastic band. If using a large plastic bottle, you might instead find it easier and more practical to tape this sheet on.
Your sploof is now fully operational, and you can begin to exhale cannabis fumes into it and watch it prevent the skunk from spreading. The next steps are for the perfectionists out there who want to continue to work on their creation and make it visually pleasing.
First, begin by cutting around the edges of the dryer sheet mentioned in step 3 to remove the unnecessary excess. This makes the sploof look much more tidy, and also eliminates the risk of accidentally pulling the dryer sheet out or loosening it.
Now it is time to wrap up our aesthetic campaign with some artistic flare. It’s time to get creative and decorate your sploof. Use pens, paint, tape, and other means to plaster your creation with some happy designs and symbols to gaze at whilst getting blazed.
A sploof is a DIY filter that masks the smell of weed when smoking indoors, keeping the session stealthy. Here is the easiest guide to making your own.
Posts tagged spoof weed
Back to School: Marijuana Safety
With the majority, if not all, colleges back in session for the fall semester it struck us here at MJMB as a good time to share some of our knowledge about marijuana safety on college campuses. There are many obstacles a young marijuana connoisseur will encounter on the smallest campus, the largest, or any size in between. Your obvious opponents are the RA’s, of course, and, as always, the police or whatever equivalent security force operates at your college or university. It is our belief that your professors believe that every single one of their students smokes marijuana, in all likelihood many of them have, and the truth of the matter is that your professor probably smokes more weed than you do. So, the professors are not a threat. And, the college administration themselves are so far removed from the students that I would not worry about them either. Always keep your eyes open when you are smoking outside and be vigilant of who else is in the area.
So, what else is there to consider? Finding a location from the time I started smoking weed until the time I went to college was always the hardest thing to figure out logistically. When my parents dropped me off at college the first thing I did after they left was roll a blunt with my roommate and we smoked it right there in that room. It was a good feeling, but we thankfully recognized early on that there are some precautions that must be taken when things like this were going to go down.
- Before anything happens, the door needs to be locked. At a minimum you need to prevent draft by placing a towel at the base of the door. Covering the whole door with a sheet or blanket so all cracks are covered is even better.
I’m not a towel. You’re a towel”
- Make sure the air conditioner is off and that any fans you have are pushing air towards a window. Also, be aware of what is going on outside your window. Otherwise you might end up blowing a nice cloud of smoke into a cops face or some other horrific type of situation might occur.
There’s nothing witty to say about a fan.
- The most important rule of all… Stay in school, don’t be a fool, wrap your tool. If by tool you mean smoke detector. Setting off the smoke detector is the worst thing possible, the police and fire department will come into your room if you set one off. The best way to avoid that is to cover one with a garbage bag and then securing it with duct tape. When you are not smoking it is important to remove the “smoke condom” in order to prevent creating a fire hazard. In the worst case scenario, if the fire alarm goes off, try to fan it immediately, it might not trigger the alarms for the whole building, and you might get away with it. If the alarm continues to go off, put everything illegal that is in your room in a backpack, and start walking as far away as possible.
The infamous “smoke condom”. You get the idea now, right?
- Some other things you might want to consider would be using a spoof (dryer sheets shoved into a toilet paper roll that you exhale smoke into so it smells like dryer sheets), making sure to spray some nice smelling stuff after you smoke, and keeping all of your stuff in a safe which is secured to the floor or locked to a large piece of furniture.
A spoof. One of early man’s simple tools right up there with the lever and the wheel.
Depending on where you go to school, the repercussions of getting caught smoking the reefer will vary greatly. But, its just safer and easier to avoid it in general. Just be conscious of your surroundings, don’t draw attention to yourself, and smoke your damn weed. Of course, if anyone else has any suggestions for the peace loving, hippie college kids; feel free to post them as a comment. Questions are also welcome. And make sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Posts tagged spoof weed Back to School: Marijuana Safety With the majority, if not all, colleges back in session for the fall semester it struck us here at MJMB as a good time to share some