Steamboat Springs Marijuana Guide
Since Amendment 64 to the Colorado constitution went into effect in 2014, all adults 21+ may legally purchase, posses, and consume marijuana in Steamboat Springs. Here is your guide to Steamboat Springs marijuana.
“When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.” Bob Marley
How to Buy Steamboat Springs Marijuana
- Buying legal marijuana in Steamboat Springs is as simple as buying your morning coffee. You must be 21+ with a valid government issued photo ID. Next, you need transportation to the dispensary.
- Marijuana dispensaries in Steamboat Springs are not located near downtown nor Steamboat Ski Resort.
“Of course I know how to roll a joint.” Martha Stewart
Where to Buy Steamboat Springs Marijuana
- Gone are the days of hunting for some “dude” to hook you up with marijuana. Today, we have regulated shops for safe (and most importantly, legal) purchasing of quality cannabis in Steamboat Springs. You don’t want to buy marijuana from
- anyone other than a licensed Steamboat Springs dispensary. It is unlawful to buy marijuana from unlicensed individual. Also, you want to make sure you’re getting the best product available. Check out our Steamboat Springs Dispensary Guide.
Steamboat Springs Marijuana Laws
- The marijuana laws in Steamboat Springs closely match Colorado’s marijuana laws, as a whole. Steamboat Springs marijuana laws are also pretty simple and straight forward.
- Here are the basics of Steamboat Springs marijuana laws. For a more detailed look into the local marijuana laws, check out our guide to Colorado Marijuana Laws.
All adults 21+ may posses and purchase cannabis with a valid photo ID.
1 Ounce or less
Adults may posses up to 1 ounce of cannabis in the state of Colorado.
Public consumption of cannabis is illegal, just like alcohol.
Driving high is illegal, just like drunk driving. Don’t do it.
Share this Page
Founded in 2014, Steamboat420 is a local startup launched in Steamboat Springs, CO, that operates the Steamboat420 Free Dispensary Shuttle, providing free round-trip rides to Rocky Mountain Remedies from anywhere in Steamboat.
Steamboat420 is committed to providing the best Steamboat Springs marijuana experience for locals and tourists alike. Steamboat420’s mission is to normalize marijuana through creative and innovative services, events and education.
Don’t Miss a Thing!
From the Blog
- Stoner Slang You Need to Know
- How to Consume Marijuana Edibles Responsibly
- Is It Safe To Travel With Marijuana?
- Is Marijuana Good or Bad for Anxiety?
- What are Marijuana Concentrates?
- Dispensary Shuttle
- Marijuana Laws
Copyright 2014-2017 Steamboat420. Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Best Steamboat Springs Marijuana Guide: Free Steamboat Springs marijuana shuttle, Steamboat Springs marijuana dispensary, Steamboat Springs marijuana laws.
Marijuana Laws in Colorado
The information is provided as an overview of marijuana laws in Colorado and specifically of regulations in Steamboat Springs. This material is not medical and/or legal advice on marijuana laws in the state.
What is Colorado’s Law?
In November 2012, Colorado voters passed Amendment 64 which made the possession, consumption, and retail sale of marijuana legal.
What Can I Possess?
Adults 21 and older are allowed to possess up to one (1) ounce of retail marijuana and grow up to six plants privately.
Can I Possess/Consume Marijuana If I’m Under 21?
It is illegal for persons under the age of 21 to consume or possess marijuana unless they have a valid medical marijuana card.
How Much Can I Purchase At One Time?
Colorado residents 21 and older can purchase up to one (1) ounce marijuana from a licensed retailer. Non-residents can purchase up to ¼-ounce at a time.
Where Can I Purchase Retail Marijuana?
State regulations have been enacted that allow for retail sales by licensed providers. There are three (3) licensed retailers in the City of Steamboat Springs and no licensed outlets in Routt County.
Can I Sell Marijuana?
No. Selling marijuana to another person for a price is illegal.
Can I Give Marijuana To Someone Under 21?
No. It is illegal to give retail marijuana to anyone younger than 21.
Where Can I Consume Marijuana Legally?
In 2013, the Steamboat Springs City Council passed an ordinance prohibiting the “open and public” consumption of marijuana. It is unlawful to consume or openly possess marijuana on any public property including.
Please check with your landlord, property owner or lodging property manager prior to consuming marijuana on any property not owned by you.
Can I Consume Marijuana on Steamboat Springs Transit (SST)?
No. It is illegal to consume marijuana in public, which includes public transportation like SST buses.
Can I Consume Marijuana on Steamboat Ski Resort or Howelsen Hill?
No. Marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, and it is illegal to consume marijuana on federal land, which includes Steamboat Ski Resort. Howelsen Hill Ski Area is a city park, open to the public and consumption is prohibited.
In addition, using ski facilities under the influence of drugs or alcohol is against the law and a violation of the Colorado Ski Safety Act. Those found in violation of the Colorado Ski Safety Act risk losing their skiing and snowboarding privileges and, upon conviction, are subject to a fine of up to $1,000
Is Edible Marijuana Treated Differently?
No. Possession laws are the same for all retail marijuana types and public consumption is prohibited regardless of form.
What Are Some Guidelines to Help Me Use Marijuana Responsibly?
Responsible choices for recreational marijuana use are similar to those for alcohol. If you choose to consume marijuana, please do so responsibly, safely and prudently:
- Be well informed about the legal and health risks of marijuana use.
- Respect the rights of individuals who do not wish to be exposed to marijuana smoke.
- Appoint a designated driver if you are under the influence.
- Obey the laws and regulations governing recreational marijuana
What Other Legislation Regulates Smoking in Steamboat Springs?
The Steamboat Springs Smoke-Free Air Act of 2005 states that hotels, motels, and bed & breakfast operations cannot designate more than 20% of their available rooms as smoking rooms.
Is There DUI equivalent for driving under the influence of marijuana?
Yes. It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana and it can result in a DUI, similar to alcohol. Anyone with 5 nanograms or more of THC per milliliter of blood can be arrested for DUI.
Can I Legally Grow Marijuana At Home?
Yes. Adults can grow up to six (6) marijuana plants per person. However, no more than twelve (12) total plants are allowed per residence regardless of the number of adults living there.
What Should I Do If Someone Has Consumed Too Much Marijuana?
Call the Poison Control Hotline at 1-800-222-1222 or if symptoms are severe, call 911 or go to the emergency room.
Marijuana Laws in Colorado