STVR – Measure B Information | All City Buildings Are Closed Until Further Notice | COVID-19 Information
Cannabis in Cathedral City
This page is designed to be the one location to find all the information you will need to know on Cannabis in Cathedral City.
Below are the most recent adopted Ordinances related to the Sale and Cultivation of Marijuana in the City. More information will be provided through this page as it becomes available.
Cannabis Task Force
Ordinance 775 added Chapter 5.88.140 to the Cathedral City Municipal Code. The Code requires that a Cannabis Task Force be established. The City Manager shall designate no less than nine members and no greater than 15 members to the Cannabis Task Force. The Task Force shall consist of at least one representative from the following groups:
- Cathedral City Police Department;
- Cathedral City Fire Department;
- Cathedral City Planning Department;
- Cathedral City Mayor’s Office;
- A medicalcannabis patient;
- An owner of a dispensary;
- An owner of a cultivation site;
- An owner of a manufacturing site; and
- An interested member of the Cathedral City community, who must be a resident.
The City Manager shall serve as the Chairman of the Task Force.
The task force is not appointed by the City Council, the City Manager designates the members. The Task Force does not fall under the Maddy Act nor the Brown Act.
The following is a list of the members of the Cannabis Task Force:
- Charlie McClendon, City Manager
- Commander Julio Luna, Cathedral City Police Department
- Chief Paul Wilson, Cathedral City Fire Department
- Robert Rodriguez, Director of Planning/Building
- Cindy Hansen, Cannabis Licensing Manager
- Donna Terry Wesson, interested member of the community
- Maria Scagliotti, dispensary owner
- Bernard Steimann, manufacturing owner
- Charles Keiley, cultivation owner
- Nancy Ross, mayoral appointment
- Vacant, Medical Cannabis Patient
Administrative Rules and Applications
- New-Transfer License Checklist
- Cannabis RENEWAL License Application
- Cannabis NEW, AMEND, TRANSFER License Application
- Cannabis Administrative Rules Updated 6/16 (pdf)
- Cannabis License Application rev. 12/19/18 (pdf)
- CUP Application (pdf)
- Business License (link)
- Cannabis Environmental Assessment Questionnaire (pdf)
- General Security Plan Questionnaire for Cannabis (pdf)
- Agricultural Certification Form (pdf)
Call the Police Department at 760-770-0304 to schedule a Live Scan appointment for a Cannabis Local License to begin the background process.
Cannabis and Marijuana Tax
On November 4, 2014, the Cathedral City voters approved Measure N, which approved a new tax at a rate of up to fifteen cents per each dollar of proceeds or fractional part thereof on marijuana collectives and dispensaries operating in the City of Cathedral City.
On November 8, 2016, the Cathedral City voters approved Measure P, amending the existing Cannabis Business Tax to impose the Tax on all cannabis businesses and to provide different tax calculations for cultivating, manufacturing and dispensing cannabis.
A Marijuana (or cannabis) collective means any activity regulated or permitted by Chapter 9.108 of the Cathedral City Municipal Code, or California Health and Safety Code sections 11362.5, et seq., as may be amended from time to time, or any other activity or business that involves planting, cultivating, harvesting, transporting, dispensing, delivering, providing, manufacturing, compounding, converting, processing, preparing, storing, packaging, or testing any part of the marijuana plant.
Each cannabis business operating in the city, regardless of whether such cannabis business has a license pursuant to Chapter 5.88 or a permit pursuant to 9.108 of the City of Cathedral City Municipal Code, shall pay a cannabis and marijuana tax. On April 26, 2017, Resolution 2017-13, with an update on October 10, 2018, Resolution 2018-46, the City Council approved these resolutions pursuant to Section 3.48.040 of the City of Cathedral City Municipal Code, requiring payment of Cannabis and Marijuana tax in the following amounts:
- Ten cents for each dollar of gross receipts* or fractional part thereof received by a dispensary or by any other cannabis business for activities other than cultivation or manufacturing.
- Fifteen dollars for each square foot or fractional part thereof of cannabis cultivation space.
- For cannabis-infused product, forty cents of each cannabis-infused product other than cannabis concentrate produced or manufactured and packaged or intended for individual sale.
- For each gram of cannabis concentrate produced or manufactured, packaged, or intended for individual sale:
- Crude at $.05 per gram
- Distillate at $.10 per gram
- Exotic/Boutique at $.40 per gram
*Gross receipts (proceeds) of any kind, including without limitation, membership dues; the value of in-kind contributions; reimbursements provided by members regardless of form; any payments made; and anything else of value obtained by a cannabis or marijuana collective.
Depending on the type of cannabis business operating in the City of Cathedral City, there can be up to three different Cannabis and Marijuana Tax (CMT) returns filed each month:
- Dispensary Cannabis and Marijuana Tax (CMT) Return
- Cultivation Cannabis and Marijuana (CMT) Tax Return
- Manufacturing Cannabis and Marijuana (CMT) Tax Return
|Cindy Hansen||[email protected]|
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.
Cannabis in Cathedral City
Cathedral city medical marijuana
We at Mother Earth’s Farmacy, want to reach out with an update on what we’re doing to support you, as our global community navigates the personal and business implications of COVID-19. Click here to read more.
Setting the Standard for Quality Cannabis in Southern California’s Coachella Valley.
Locally owned and operated, Mother Earth’s Farmacy is about serving the community. We are home to a top-notch selection of strains, plus a wide array of popular concentrates, edibles, capsules and tinctures.
Thank you. A thousand stars to all of you.
I’ve been very cautious about using CBD products because of my DOT requirements. These guys not only showed what was safe to use, but the balm they gave me works incredibly on the pain I suffer from sciatica. I am totally speechless and grateful for the pain relief and knowledge they have given and taught me. I’m not sure if this product will help you, but they will not steer you wrong.
David K, Yelp Review
A very pleasant experience overall.
A neat, clean and simple shop with kind employees who know their products well. I felt very comfortable discussing my health issues/cancer with the staff. They even came out to ask if I wanted a photo with my service dog in front of the darling globe of Earth that marks their store front.
Lisa M, Yelp Review
Great location with excellent products! The Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful during our visit! I highly reccomend this dispensary and will be returning the next time I’m in the area.
JKomer, Leafly Review
Clean and Well Organized
Clean and well organized place. The staffs were friendly and knowledgeable. Recently asked them whats best for me and they recommended that right one. I’ll surely be your regular costumer.
Hilary Dwaine, Google Review
Excellent Products and Service!
The guys are extremely knowledgeable and helpful! I’ve been there three times and will never go elsewhere! My primary needs are pain oils and sleep aids, but they stock it all! The products they’ve recommend have all worked!
This place is amazing
My wife has a bad nerve problem in her back and we came in to get some CBD oil and the service here was so professional I was amazed to see there’s still good people in this industry that really cares about the patients. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you guys and gals for being so awesome and may God continue to bless everything you do.
All Day, Weedmaps Review
This place was top notch starting with the lovely young lady checking IDs. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I appreciated that, as I am not very experienced making these purchases and I needed guidance. Ryan was absolutely delightful and gave me undivided attention and excellent advice. The store was easily located and convenient. I will return for certain the next time I’m in the area. Highly recommend!!
Jlg110, Leafly Review
I checked out four other dispensaries in the area and Mother Earth is by far the best. Their product is good, but the best thing about this place are the people who run it. They are friendly and, more importantly, they are knowledgeable about their products. The receptionist makes sure the sales people know your name before you enter the sales area. Nice touch. Keep up the great work Mother Earth!
Pete H, Yelp Review
More Than Satisfied Customer
I very very highly recommend this shop to anybody who loves very good quality flower and super friendly staff. Jake and Niki were very helpful and very experienced with knowing just what I was looking for. Definitely my first choice if going to any dispensary out here and I’ve been to a lot. Thank you guys for making me feel welcomed, I’ve just found my new favorite dispensary.
Mother Earth’s Farmacy provides top quality cannabis medication at every level. Offering a variety of flower, concentrates, edibles, topicals & tinctures.