Outdoor Cannabis Consulting
Advanced Growing Techniques
So you’ve started growing cannabis, you may have even had some success and now you want to know how to take your cannabis cultivation game to the next level. In this class we will explore some advanced cannabis growing techniques for the home grower. Each of these techniques requires a bit of effort to implement, but in the end they can greatly improve your yields.
- Cloning – Making new plants by cutting off a portion of a female plant. This allows for the growth of multiple plants that are genetically identical to the “mother” plant (the plant that the cutting came from). The clones are always female and require less time to grow to harvest.
- Topping – The process of cutting off a small portion off the top of a young plant to increase yield.
- Fimming – Similar to topping, but more of a ‘haircut’ than actually removing the whole top. It is less traumatic to the plant. Fimming encourages bushy growth and increases cola yields.
- Lollipopping – The process of removing side branches and lower, smaller growth. This allows the plant to focus its energy on its main colas.
- LST (Low Stress Training) – Involves bending the branches slowly so that they grow in a certain direction. Similar to braces on your teeth.
- Monster Cropping – Taking cuttings from a flowering plant and re-vegging it.
- Super Cropping – Bending (almost breaking) the branches or main stem in order to increase nutrient uptake, resulting in stronger growth and yields.
- SCROG (Screen of Green) – This is when a screen (usually of netting) is attached at a desired height above the plants. This allows the growing cannabis plants to begin to grow horizontally after reaching the height limit, thus keeping the canopy, or height, at an even level. This allows consistent light penetration into the growing plants. Many growers have consistently high yields using this method.
- SOG (Sea of Green) – Another advanced cannabis growing technique is called Sea of Green. This is a technique of filling the grow area with many smaller plants that have one main cola.
- Flushing – The process of pouring clean water through the soil or growing medium of a plant in order to remove excess nutrients or solids. This is done if the plant is in distress and needs to start with fresh nutrients and growing medium. In a hydroponic system, the water reservoir is drained and refilled with fresh, plain water.
Date is TBD dependent on when we can fill the class with 10 people.
Cost: $200.00 per person
Timeframe: 2 days for 3 hours each day. Will figure out days with the attendees
Location: Fiddle Farms
If you are interested, please fill out the form below
So you’ve started growing cannabis, you may have even had some success and now you want to know how to take your cannabis cultivation game to the next level. In this class we will explore some advanced cannabis growing techniques for the home grower. Each of these techniques requires a bit of effort to implement,…
Grow Lighting PAR, What Does PAR Mean
Cannabis grow light technology is always changing. Grow lighting PAR, is something that growers have never really had to pay attention to before. Now there is so much choice, and hundreds of different models of LED lighting, you have to know more about lighting to make sure you’re not being ripped off. In this guide, we will go through what Grow Lighting PAR is, what it means, and how it affects plant growth. It may get a bit complicated, but as usual, this guide will be broken down to make it as simple to understand as possible. There is one
Topping a Cannabis Plant
When growing cannabis indoors, you do not have the luxury of a nuclear furnace in the sky providing your plants with light. Grow lights, no matter how good, do not compare to natural sunlight. To make the most of the spread of light when growing indoors, topping a cannabis plant is essential. It can seem scary to remove parts of your plant, but topping is easy, and it will give you better control of a plants structure. Also, it will encourage growth to the side, instead of growing tall. This helps when you have height restrictions. If you have any
How to Make Feminised Cannabis Seeds
Feminised seeds are one of the greatest advances in cannabis growing. Growers used to grow more plants than they need, in the chance of having enough females. But now, cannabis seeds are available, that are pretty much guaranteed to be female. In this guide we will explain how to make Feminised cannabis seeds for yourself. Using these techniques you will be able to preserve your favourite strain in seed form, instead of keeping a mother. You will also be able to begin breeding your own feminised cannabis plants! You can cross 2 females, of your favourite strains together, and as
When you are comfortable with your level of growing skills, it is time to learn some Advanced Cannabis Growing Techniques to increase your yield!